Thursday, October 15, 2015

Welcome!


Prairie Farmhouse II
Original Photograph
by Carolynn Anctil © 2015


Welcome to Tin Rooster Farm!

After nearly 10 years blogging under the name A Glowing Ember, it was time for a fresh start. 

As is often the case when a move is made, one feels the need to personalize it. I was inspired to add a little colour to my new space and was instinctively drawn to those typically associated with the French countryside. In Simply Color for Everyday Living*, Diantha Harris explains the meaning behind the four colours I've selected.

Purple is in the spiritual realm, where the intuition resides. It also represents transition and forms the foundation of my new look.

Yellow is associated with creativity, clarity, and the sharing of knowledge.

Green is heart energy. It's soothing, relaxing and balancing and finds its source in nature.

And, finally, Orange, the colour of my rusty rooster. This colour represents new beginnings and new possibilities. It also represents the written word, community, and healing from trauma.

I hope you'll join me on this new journey of exploration, creative expression, and growth. Artwork, writing and country living will figure prominently. 

One more thing before I go, I've been invited to participate in an exciting project and I look forward to making an announcement about that in the next few days. 

**********

*I'm thrilled to have my artwork featured in Diantha Harris' wildly informative book, Simply Color for Everyday Living. If you'd like a copy of your own, send me an e-mail (tinroosterfarm@gmail.com) and I'll provide you with details. It is not available through regular booksellers and each copy purchased through me includes a small gift as a token of my thanks.


7 comments:

  1. Heeeeeeyyyyyyyy! Love your work and your writing no matter what title it is under. You are an inspiration to me and many. Looking forward to what this new space brings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jane. I'm so glad to have you here with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure looking forward to see what grows here...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beautiful new place you have here Carolynn...I love the colors the fresh breeze that is blowing through...it's both comforting and spacious.

    Congrats on your new home.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your move, Carolynn. I love the colors and of course your photography is gorgeous. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your encouraging words. It feels good and right to be here. Thanks for joining me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! I read every note that's left for me after the farm chores are done.