Friday, November 27, 2015

Simple, Soothing Cold Remedy


12 Tall Honey
Original Photograph
by Carolynn Anctil © 2015

My husband and I have been struggling with (another!) cold this year. While I'll reach for a throat losenge if I really need to, I much prefer natural remedies. My Hot Lemonade is great for soothing sore throats and clearing nasal passages and, in addition to tasting yummy, it will help you sleep.

Honey is a natural antibacterial and anti-inflammatory, improves the immune system, helps with digestion, calms the mind and promotes sleep. 

Sliced Lemons
Original Photograph
by Carolynn Anctil © 2015

Lemons are powerful antioxidants and are also credited with improving the immune system. They're packed with a host of vitamins and minerals, including but not limited to Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Vitamin E, and Vitamin A. Lemon juice helps to break fever and assists in weight loss and the prevention of kidney stones. 

Start feeling better with just three magic ingredients: Honey, Fresh Squeezed Lemon, and Hot Water. 

I usually start with about 1 heaping Tbsp. each of the Honey and Lemon in a mug, adjusting for taste after the hot water has been added. It's best consumed while hot and right before bed.

To your health!

1 comment:

Thank you for visiting! I read every note that's left for me after the farm chores are done.