Wednesday, December 23, 2015

My Mother's Shortbread Cookie Recipe



By special request, I'm sharing my Mother's Shortbread Cookie recipe. It's not too late to whip up a batch for your own enjoyment or to take along with you to a friend's home over the holidays, as a hostess gift. 

Without any further ado, Merry Christmas from my kitchen to yours.



My Mother’s Shortbread Cookie Recipe
(This recipe is okay to double)

1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup icing sugar
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla

Cream the butter. Add the remaining ingredients slowly and beat on a high speed. (Tip: The more you beat it, the better the cookie!) The resulting batter will be very thick.

Form the dough into balls about 1 inch in diameter, or less, and place on a cookie sheet. Press the cookie flat with a cookie press or with your hand.

Bake at 300 degrees F for 15 - 20 minutes and set out to cool on a cooling rack.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting the recipe Carolyn. I love shortbread cookies. Have you ever put pecans in your recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jean, No. I have never altered this recipe. I'm sure that would be delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! I read every note that's left for me after the farm chores are done.