Friday, January 01, 2016

New Beginnings


Memories of Autumn
Original Photography
© Carolynn Anctil 2016


I had big plans for a sacred closing out of 2015 and a welcoming in ritual for 2016. Then, I got a wicked headache that would not go away. So, while I did cross a few little things off my list, mostly I slept and rested. It was a little anticlimactic and disappointing.

Then, I got to thinking. Time is a construct of the human mind and December 31st is just a date on a calendar. I can start a brand new year any time I want. 

Every day is a new Point A.

So, if you, like me, are a little behind the rest of the world in bringing 2015 to a close, don't dismay. Set your own schedule. Proceed on your own terms and with your own unique ideas of what constitutes an appropriate ceremony, if you choose to engage in one, and Begin Again at any time.

In years past, I've chosen a Word for the year. Many of you will be familiar with this process introduced by Susannah Conway, and for several years, it worked well for me. 

This year, however, I'm drawn to focus on how I want to feel, a concept articulated by Danielle LaPorte in her book, The Desire Map. I first started to give this some thought about a year ago and it's taken me this long to unearth my Core Desired Feelings. They are, in no particular order, (...drum roll please...)

Serenity
Simplicity
Liberty

Creative


How did you make your New Year's Eve special? Have you chosen a Word for 2016? I'd love to hear.

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year. And you are so right...everyday is a new day and a new beginning...Thanks for sharing the book; I want to read this one. And a big hooray for your Core Desired Feelings.....I agree 100%...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! I read every note that's left for me after the farm chores are done.