Thursday, July 28, 2016

My Muse


Lady With Lotus
Original Watercolour Illustration
by Carolynn Anctil © 2016

Yesterday I was drowning. Today, I'm sailing under clear blue skies again.

I'm mixing metaphors, I know. 

I admitted I was lost, ceased struggling and that, I believe, made all the difference.

After I wrote the previous post, I remembered that I'd recently acquired a new book by Niya C. Sisk entitled Seducing the Muse, Get Unstuck with a Creative Love Affair*. I'd been looking forward to reading it and the timing could not have been better or the content more suited to my current needs.

I pulled up a chair and sitting outside in the shade, I began to read. Let me just say this - I love this book. I felt like I was in the company of an old friend who knew exactly what I needed to hear and how to say it. Someone who understood the intimate nature of one's relationship with her Muse. It can be a mystical, magical dance of mutual admiration. 

Niya's is a book I will refer to again and again.

As I was drifting off to sleep at the end of the day, I wondered how long I'd be adrift on the creative sea. It was then that my Muse appeared.

"Oh, Honey," she said in her sweetest voice. Holding out a cool glass of ice water to me, she said, "Here, drink this."

And, as she did, a vision popped into my head of a graphic image, something I was excited to create, something completely different from anything I'd done so far and oh so compelling.

We hope you like it. This may be the start of something new. 

Lady With Lotus is now available to purchase in my Society6 shop.


**********

*Seducing the Muse, Get Unstuck With a Creative love Affair by Niya C. Sisk is available for FREE for a limited time on Amazon Kindle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! I read every note that's left for me after the farm chores are done.